People of many traditions (and no tradition at all) find a home with our congregation.
Our current family includes people who trace their church roots to:
Baptist, Pentecostal, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Anglican, Christian Reform and Unitarian.
Membership within the United Church is offered but it is not stressed.St. Andrew's has a history of over sixty years serving its community and
In March 1951, Rev. Dr. W. E. Smith of Queen’s Theological College began holding services in the new housing development of Point Pleasant, using the R. Gordon Sinclair School. Then a site was purchased and on Easter Sunday 1954 a new church was dedicated to the Glory of God..
The original intention was to have this church located near the shore of Lake Ontario, so that its spire would be visible to passing sailors, and the name of St. Andrew’s By-The-Lake was chosen, with the hope that it become "fishers of men" like St. Andrew. At first the church was a community church served by student ministers until an ordained minister came in 1957. A bell donated by Canadian Locomotive was installed in 1959. In 1965, the interior of the church was gutted by a fire, followed by rebuilding. Then in 1967, Centennial Hall, a multi- purpose addition, was added complete with kitchen facilities, offices and Sunday school rooms. This addition was later made wheelchair accessible, and most worship services are now being held there. In 1989, in cooperation with nearby St. Thomas' Anglican Church, Crystal Springs Manor was opened, a 50 unit senior apartment building close by on Front Road. The original church building is now known as "Founders Hall". Many theological students have served at our church as part of their studies.